Ain’t nothing better than a bag of kettle corn, a cheesy, happy chick flick, and no place to go! Call me crazy (or lame?) but I have to say I can’t get enough of these girlie friendship movies:
5. Clueless. Despite ditzy mishaps and a loosely based Valley-inspired version of the Jane Austin novel Emma (my passion of passions!), you have to admit it makes you happy to see the three ladies back in each others’ good graces after the dust settles.
4. Thelma & Louise. If you’ve got a sistah you would drive off a cliff with, you’ve got it made. Yes, I just said that.
3. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. There is no way those jeans fit them all, but whichever friend sneakily made the size exchange between each handover was a genius and a true friend to the others’ self-esteem.
2. First Wives Club. Yes, I remember the words to the “You Don’t Own Me” song, and it is purely because of this film. When the fit hits the shan, there’s nothing like having your ladies have your back. All the way to the bank!
1. Steel Magnolias. I know, I know, two movies about middle-aged women (and older) in a row, but I’m not an old lady – I swear! It’s just that sappy friendship movies don’t get much better than this.